Every year our Camp Jewell staff spend the entire off-season planning and preparing to make next summer better than the last. The last two years have taught us to be ready for anything. Since we are asking you to plan your next summer with us, we want to share as much as we can about our Covid safety precautions.
Camp Jewell follows all Covid-19 guidance from the CDC and State of Connecticut. In 2021, we went above and beyond that guidance to keep our community safe and healthy, but we recognize that led to a different kind of camp experience. As the situation evolves, so does the guidance. Therefore, as things change, we will keep all registered families updated.
Returning to normal for summer 2022:
- Last year, we separated activities by “cabin groups”. This summer campers will once again we able to choose their own clinics (activities) each morning. In addition, we will see the return of activities that were not possible last summer and the addition of some new clinics! As such campers will get to spend time with other cabin groups, friends, and staff during the day!
- We have a wide range of staff already hired including international staff that represent over 20 different countries! In addition, we have two additional directors hired and their entire focus will be on providing the best experience possible for your child.
Same precautions as last summer:
- All staff will be required to be fully vaccinated.
- At check-in, families will participate in health screening questions.
- All campers will be required to have a negative Covid test no more than 72 hours prior to the start of the camp session, the results of which must be brought to camp for check-in. If your child is vaccinated, proof of vaccination can be shown in lieu of a test. If your child has had covid within 90 days of the start of the session we ask that you bring proof of the positive test with you.
- Masks will currently be worn in large indoor group settings and when groups intermingle such as any clinics being held indoors. Masks will not be required inside cabins.
- Physical distancing and outdoor activities will continue to be encouraged.
- Regular handwashing and hand sanitizing will be incorporated into our daily schedule on a more frequent basis and hand sanitizer will be readily available.
- There will continue to be enhanced cleaning around camp.
The pandemic has taught us how to adapt and keep the spirit of Jewell alive. If the guidance changes, we are confident in our ability to continue creating a safe and unforgettable summer for your camper. Our goal is to provide as normal a camp experience as is possible.
If you have any questions, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org