For over a century, Camp Jewell YMCA has been committed to building dreams, creating lifelong memories and changing lives. It only takes two weeks at Camp Jewell to spark something special within the heart of a camper. Decades later, campfire cheers and skits bring back wonderful memories of summers long ago.
Our current facility was originally built when camp moved to Colebrook in the 1950’s. Our cabins have experienced significant wear and tear from the hundreds of thousands of users over the last 60 plus years.
In addition, the efficiency of our buildings is not congruent with our philosophy of environmental stewardship and education. In short, we have surpassed the lifespan of our current cabins and a number of our program spaces. Our capital effort is designed to prepare camp for the next 60 years of YMCA camping experiences.
“Camp is a timeless tradition that will always be valued. Our first priority is to preserve a setting that allows this tradition to flourish. To ensure we can create these experiences for generations of new campers, we have created a capital plan designed to bolster, strengthen and enhance aging facilities and infrastructure.”
– Jay Aronson, Board member, Alum (staff and camper) and camper parent
The first phase of our Capital Campaign is part of our continued commitment to preserve the legacy of Camp Jewell. Our $4.2 million goal encompasses facility improvement projects that are essential to our success and longevity. These projects include the completed construction of the new health center, the “Leadership” cabin and the first of three cabin replacements, with the goal of completing the final two cabins by the summer of 2022.
We hope that you will consider joining us in helping preserve Camp Jewell for future generations. Your tax deductible gift will help ensure that we are able to continue to provide the same life changing experiences for our campers and staff for the next 60 years.
VIEW OUR CAMPAIGN BROCHURE
How to Give
Gifts in support of the “Building Dreams” capital campaign are greatly appreciated and will count towards the campaign goal. Naming opportunities are available for gifts of $100,000 or more.
Gift Options include:
- Pledges: Multi-year pledges will require a signed pledge form. Although preferred pledge period is three years, five-year pledges will be accepted.
- Online Gifts of Cash, Credit Card: one-time or recurring gifts can be made online here.
- Mailed gifts of Cash: Checks should be made payable to the Camp Jewell YMCA and mailed to:
Camp Jewell YMCA Capital Campaign
6 Prock Hill Road
Colebrook, CT 06021
- Gifts of Appreciated Stock: Gifts of stock require the completion of a form that should be forwarded to the donor’s financial advisor or broker. For further information about making a gift of stock, please contact Jennifer Farina at 860-595-3034 or email@example.com
- Other Gift Options: Our staff is available to assist donors and their advisors in any form of giving and to work out appropriate naming, commemorating or endowing arrangements.
If you have any questions, please contact: Craig Dawson, Executive Director, Camp Jewell YMCA at 860-379-2782.