We know packing for camp can feel daunting sometimes. What will my camper needs, will I pack too little, or too much? Here are some helpful hints and tips…..
- Camp is all about having fun outdoors. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you not pack any clothing you would mind getting dirty or stained.
- The best way to transport all necessary clothing and gear is in a footlocker (or plastic storage bin) no higher than 14” that can easily slide under a bunk.
- A list of contents should be fastened to the inside lid and the camper’s name should be clearly marked on the outside.
- Please do not forget bedding, including sheets, pillow, blankets and a sleeping bag for overnights.
- Mark ALL clothing and equipment with your camper’s name. With over 400 people at camp Lost and Found is a real thing! This will help us return lost items. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or damaged personal items. Every effort is made to return clearly marked items left behind. However, due to the volume of items we accumulate, long term storage is not possible. After 30 days any remaining lost and found is donated to a worthwhile charity.
- Camp does not provide regular laundry service for campers. We do provide laundry service for special circumstances (bedwetting, etc.) We also provide laundry services for campers staying through consecutive sessions at Camp (hold-over weekends).
Campers will find their days filled with outdoor fun activities all while making new friends, disconnecting from the hustle and bustle of the outside world. To help promote this, please note that the following items are NOT allowed at camp: cell phones, skateboards, radios, iPods, iPads, walkmans, 2-way radios, portable TV’s, e-readers, expensive jewelry, keyboards, laptop computers, knives, hatchets (and other items that could be used as weapons) along with drugs, vape pens, e-cigarettes, and alcohol. Campers will be dismissed from camp, and/or have items confiscated for violation of this policy.