We know packing for camp can feel daunting sometimes. What will my camper needs, will I pack too little, or too much? Here are some helpful hints and tips for your camp list for packing!
- Camp is all about having fun outdoors. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you not pack any clothing you would mind getting dirty or stained.
- The best way to transport all necessary clothing and gear is in a footlocker (or plastic storage bin) no higher than 14” that can easily slide under a bunk.
- A list of contents should be fastened to the inside lid and the camper’s name should be clearly marked on the outside.
- Please do not forget bedding, including sheets, pillow, blankets and a sleeping bag for overnights.
- Mark ALL clothing and equipment with your camper’s name. With over 400 people at camp Lost and Found is a real thing! This will help us return lost items. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or damaged personal items. Every effort is made to return clearly marked items left behind. However, due to the volume of items we accumulate, long term storage is not possible. After 30 days any remaining lost and found is donated to a worthwhile charity.
- Camp does not provide regular laundry service for campers. We do provide laundry service for special circumstances (bedwetting, etc.) We also provide laundry services for campers staying through consecutive sessions at Camp (hold-over weekends).
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST
Please mark camper’s name clearly on ALL belongings! PACK ENOUGH CLOTHING AND BEDDING FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR STAY. Laundry facilities will be provided ONLY for emergencies or for campers staying more than one session.
|11 T-Shirts||2-3 Sweatshirts||Sleeping Bag||Soap|
|4-5 Jeans or Long Pants||2-3 Long Sleeve Shirts||Pillow with Pillow Case||Toothbrush/Toothpaste|
|6-8 Pairs of Shorts||Raincoat/Poncho||Fitted Sheet||Comb/Brush|
|12 Pairs of Underwear||Shoes/Sneakers||Blanket||Shampoo/Conditioner|
|13 Pairs of Sock||2-3 Bath Towels||Bathroom Caddy|
|Jacket||Water Shoes||Note mattresses are twin size with a plastic coating.||Feminine Hygiene Products|
|Hat or Cap||2-3 Pairs of Pajamas||Facemasks (optional)|
|2 Bathing Suits||Hiking Shoes|
|Miscellaneous||Additional Items for Ranch Camp|
|Laundry Bag||2-3 Beach Towels||Pen/Paper/Stamped Envelopes||4 Additional Pars of Pants or Riding Pants|
|Sunscreen||Flashlight||Swimming Goggles||Rising Helmet (Optional)|
|Disposable Camera||Book||Playing Cards||Riding or Paddock Boots|
|Sunglasses||Extra Batteries||Insect Repellent||Half Chaps (Optional)|
|Water Bottles x 2||Small Backpack|
DO NOT BRING: Fireworks, Alcohol/Tobacco Products, Knives, Food, Blow Dryers, Curling Irons, Aerosol Cans, Valuable Jewelry, Food, Electronic Devices, Including: Cell Phones, IPods, IPads, Gaming Systems, E-Readers, Laptops, Digital Cameras. Camp Jewell YMCA is not responsible for damages to clothing or personal items brought to camp from home. Attach this list inside of trunk or suitcase and use as a check-list when leaving camp.
Campers will find their days filled with outdoor fun activities all while making new friends, disconnecting from the hustle and bustle of the outside world. To help promote this, please note that the following items are NOT allowed at camp: cell phones, skateboards, radios, iPods, iPads, walkmans, 2-way radios, portable TV’s, e-readers, expensive jewelry, keyboards, laptop computers, knives, hatchets (and other items that could be used as weapons) along with drugs, vape pens, e-cigarettes, and alcohol. Campers will be dismissed from camp, and/or have items confiscated for violation of this policy.