YMCA Activate America™ is the YMCA’s national initiative that is rallying YMCAs across the country to further assist kids, adults and families who want to lead a healthy lifestyle, but struggle to do so. In addition to supporting this population called health seekers, YMCAs are making a commitment to their community to promote healthy living and are collaborating with other community partners to magnify their impact.
Camp Jewell YMCA is fully committed to the Activate America initiative, and is dedicated to providing campers, families, and guests with programs, facilities, and services that promote healthy living, exercise, and nutrition, all within our unique camp environment.
At Camp Jewell YMCA:
- Fresh fruit, salad bars, whole grain foods and vegetarian dishes are available daily. View our menu.
- The benefit of exercising outdoors is emphasized with information on how each activity promotes good health.
- The Trading Post offers healthy snacks, beverages, and products including trail mix, dried fruit, sparkling water and low calorie beverages. Soda and high sugared snacks are not available.
- Summer campers are taught healthy food portion sizes before each meal.
- Older summer campers and year-round guests have access to a new fitness center that features free weights, ellipticals, stair climbers, treadmills, stationary bikes, rowing machines and a 15 piece Nautilus strength training line.