Since 1901, Camp Jewell YMCA has facilitated the building of lasting and meaningful relationships between campers, families, guests, staff, and members of our camp community.
Camp Jewell hosts over 20,000 visitors each year who enjoy our beautiful 540 acres, friendly staff, and innovative programs. During the summer, over 1500 campers and 180 staff come together to form a vibrant camp community. In the Fall, Winter, and Spring, Outdoor Center guests come to enjoy camp in our conference, teambuilding, outdoor education and family camp programs.
All of our programs strive to foster an appreciation for each other through our YMCA values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
Who comes to Camp Jewell?
- Children and staff from all over the world including our partner YMCAs in Russia, Israel, South Africa, and the Dominican Republic as well as several individuals from England, Sweden, France, Spain, China and Brazil.
- Universities and colleges include UCONN, UMASS, MIT, Yale, Brown, Amherst, Wesleyan, Trinity College, Quinnipiac, Fairfield University, Springfield College, University of Hartford and Sacred Heart University.
- Regional schools include Renbrook, Lewis Fox, Kingswood-Oxford, Scarsdale Alternative School, Farmington Valley Academy and the Greenwich Country Day School.
- Religious organizations of all faiths include Unitarian Universalists, Pleasantville Presbyterian Church, Our Savior Lutheran Church, Congregation Beth Shalom, Cathedral of the Holy Spirit, United Church of Christ Southbury and Congregation Mishkan Israel.
- Community organizations include Casey Family Services, Readers as Leaders, Young People's Chorus of New York City, Builder's Beyond Borders, Girl Scouts, YMCA Adventure Guides and the American Cancer Society.
Camp Jewell has several exciting activities all year long! Summer activities include horseback riding, swimming, archery, mountain boarding, rock climbing, kayaking, pottery, guitar, high ropes, hiking, fishing, soccer and many more! Winter activities include snow tubing, ice skating, snowshoeing, ice fishing, ice golf, broomball, cross-country skiing, candlemaking, arts & crafts, bbs, archery and other fun inside programs. We even have our own snowmaking system! See pictures!
What types of cabins and facilities are available?
Camp Jewell has two separate, full-service camps within its 540 acres. Our facilities include two winterized dining halls, indoor and outdoor performance areas, three climbing walls, high and low ropes courses, archery range, lighted outdoor sports complex, three arts/crafts studios, mini-farm, and twenty-six large cabins, all along the picturesque shores of Triangle Lake. See pictures! See a map!
Camp Jewell YMCA is licensed by the State of Connecticut and accredited by the American Camp Association.
For more information, please call us toll free at 1-888-412-CAMP (2267) or e-mail us at email@example.com.